August 8, 2017
Dear 3EV Families,
I am so excited to be able to learn with your family this year! Please know that parents are an important part of our learning community and I welcome your participation. I hope you will feel welcome at school and should you have time to volunteer on a regular basis (or occasionally), please let me know.
This is my fourth year in third grade at ISKL. Before that for 11 of the previous 12 years I was teaching in Berlin, Germany. I have also taught in India, Poland, the Netherlands, and the US. I am originally from the US and call the Boston area home. My sons (Jason and Curtis) graduated from an international school in Berlin and attended university in the US. Jason is currently teaching English in South Korea, while Curtis is about to begin law school. My cat, Pele, is my only family in Kuala Lumpur. You will quickly find out that I am a book lover and I am always happy to recommend books! In my free time, I also love to travel and learn about different cultures. I enjoy connecting with people all over the world, so explore new technologies this way too.
Each Sunday you will find an update in the announcement section of our class blog. Please make it a habit to check here for information about what is going on in class. You can simplify this by subscribing to the blog so that you will get a notification each time it is updated. There will not be whole class emails from me this year, all whole class communication will be via the class blog. In a few weeks the students will also begin blogging. More information about this will follow, but know that everyone LOVES comments!
Third grade is an exciting year and I am lucky to be able to work with your children this year. I hope you will be able to come in for a brief “Getting to Know You” chat. I am happy to schedule these 10 minute appointments before or after school. Please email me some times you are available and I will confirm. I can also meet during specialist classes (except days 3 when I have regular meetings). You are your child’s first teacher and this is a chance for me to learn from you more about teaching your child. More information about the third grade program will be shared at Back to School Night (August 21st for grade 3 parents).
Please feel free to contact me throughout the year if you have questions or concerns. The easiest way to reach me is via email (evictor@iskl.edu.my). Thank you for loaning me your child for the year. Best,
Erika
No comments:
Post a Comment